We hope you find the articles and columns included in the April issue of Becker’s Orthopedic, Spine & Pain Management Review informative and insightful. We have sought expertise from some of the leading orthopedic, spine and pain management physicians on today’s most important business issues and industry trends. This issue includes several feature articles, such as:
1. 208 Spine Surgeons and Specialists to Know—Our editorial team has compiled a list of 208 spine surgeons who hold leadership positions in their organizations, regularly conduct research, develop surgical devices and techniques and direct fellowship programs for the next generation of spine surgeons.
2. The State of Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery: Q&A With SMISS Co- Founder Dr. William Taylor—In this interview with SMISS co-founder and past president William Taylor, MD, he discusses the challenges facing minimally invasive spine surgical technique and the role it will play in the future of spine care delivery.
3. 8 Keys to Success in Sports Medicine From Dr. James Andrews—Renowned sports medicine physician James Andrews, MD, discusses how sports medicine physicians can rise to the top of the field by emphasizing quality of care and exhibiting high moral character in all activities.
4. 11 Key Issues Facing Surgery Centers—2012—This article outlines the key trends in the surgery center industry, including safe harbor issues, relationships with hospitals and contracting with payors.
5. Dr. Brian Cole: 3 Exciting Trends in Sports Medicine Research—Brian Cole, MD, head of the Cartilage Restoration Center at Rush in Chicago, discusses his latest research in sports medicine, orthopedics and biologic solutions.
This issue also includes a brochure for the 10th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and Pain management-Driven ASC conference, which will be held June 14- 16 in Chicago. We will have 102 sessions with 134 speakers, including key note speakers Lou Holtz, Sam Donaldson and Tucker Carlson.
Should you have any questions or comments, please contact myself at
or editor-in-chief Laura Miller at laura@ beckershealthcare.com.
Very truly yours, Scott Becker
P.S. For information on advertising or exhibiting in Becker’s Orthopedic, Spine & Pain Management Review, or on any of the Becker’s Healthcare websites, please contact Jessica Cole or Becker’s Orthopedic, Spine & Pain Management Review at 800-417-2035.