10 Milestones for Spine DevicesWritten by Laura Miller | March 22, 2012
Here are 10 milestones for spine devices over the past two months.
1. Medtronic launched the CD Horizon BalanC Spinal System, which receive the CE Mark in Europe, but is not available in the United States.
2. Spinal Motion received the CE Mark for two sub-5mm Kineflex | C cervical total disc replacements and is working on gaining approval premarket approval from the FDA.
3. Ascendx Spine received FDA clearance for its Acu-Cut Vertebral Augmentation System for treating vertebral compression fractures.
4. DFINE reports the first use of its Spinal Tumor Ablation with Radiofrequency system was a success.
5. Amedica launched its Procet spinal implant for treating patients with low back pain.
6. K2M received FDA clearance for its SANTORINI Corpectomy Cage Systems.
7. Titan Spine acquired two patents related to surface modification techniques for its products.
8. Invuity debuted its Eigr Taylor Retractor System for enhanced visualization and tissue retraction during spine surgery.
9. Interventional Spine received a patent for its expandable interbody fusion device, the Opticage, which is part of its new PerX360 System.
10. Choice Spine launched Starfire Pedicle Screw System.
More Articles on Orthopedic and Spine Devices:
15 of the Most Profitable Orthopedic & Spine Device Companies in 2011
Alphatec Spine Names Michael Plunkett Vice President of Operations
Synthes Signs Licensing Agreement With Kuros
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2011. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.