1. The Cygnus Medical TravelKit Pre-Clean Kit. Flexible scopes traveling outside the ASC do not always receive proper cleaning following a procedure, according to Cyngus Medical Product and Services.
The Cygnus TravelKit Pre-Clean Kit solves this problem by supplying a 200 ml First Step Kit for immediate pre-cleaning after a procedure and a clearly marked containment bag to place the pre-cleaned scope in for transfer to the decontamination area.
2. First Step Endoscopic Bedside Pre-Clean Kit. The First Step Flexible Endoscope Bedside Pre-Clean Kit enables GI surgery centers to removing visible bioburden after a procedure — an essential first step in the reprocessing of a flexible endoscope. The First Step Kit has simplified this process by providing the supplies required to begin pre-cleaning a flexible endoscope at bedside.
All Kits contains a Krinkle Hand Pad for wiping down the insertion tube and Simple2 Enzymatic Detergent in a stand-up pouch. Everything needed for immediate pre-cleaning before the scope is transported for reprocessing.
3. AirFlow Patient Positioning Products. AirFlow Operating Room Patient Positioning Pads provide air channels that create increased airflow for enhanced patient comfort.
Available pads include donuts in various sizes, ulnar nerve pads, heel protectors, abduction pillows, arm board pads and operating room table pads.
4. Cygnus Medical Endoscopy Basic Needs Kit. For gastroenterology-focused ASCs, the Cygnus Basic Needs Kit provides the required product components used in every endoscopy case. Available in six different configurations, the kits reduce the time and expense of ordering, stocking and pulling multiple items per procedure.
Custom Needs Kits provide the basic product components in addition to items selected by the ASC. Kit can be enhanced with an additional range of kit components including products used for the procedure room setup, decontamination and reprocessing.
5. Oasis Scope Transport Tray. To avoid cross-contamination in the work area, the Oasis provides a single use scope protector. Bedside cleaning is performed in the tray to keep run-off contained and create a cleaner work environment.
6. Restore Rust and Stain Remover. Restore stain remover enhances the performance and longevity of stainless steel instruments in ambulatory surgery centers.
Restore consists of a neutral pH formula that removes corrosion, rust, stains and sediment buildup in instrument joints. The product is available in two forms: a one-gallon bottle or a 32 oz. foam spray. The foaming spray creates a longer hang time on instruments, which maximizes Restore's shine-enhancing effect.
7. Kangaroo Scope Transport Pads. The Kangaroo transport pads protect patients and staff by preventing cross contamination. When pulled, drawstrings convert the pad from a table cover to a soiled scope containment bag. The exterior pouch can hold reprocessing products until after the procedure.
The absorbent layer holds fluids and provides a barrier to blood-borne pathogens, microorganisms, fluid and more.
8. Simple2 Enzymatic Detergent. The Simple2 enzymatic solution works to break down blood, fat, protein, tissue and organic matter. The solution is available in a variety of sizes including up to a 50-gallon drum.
Despite being powerful, the detergent is a neutral pH, non-toxic, latex-free and low foaming. It is safe to use on all types of surgical equipment.
9. Steri-Cel Instrument Protection. The Steri-Cel protection system keeps delicate instruments from being harmed during sterilization. The system features pouches, tray liners and various sizes to fit all types of equipment and make transport to the operating room easy. Products are made out of firm hydrophobic foam that keeps out moisture. Steri-Cel can be used with ETO and steam sterilization.
10. NoDrip Padding. The NoDrip padding has several uses, including protecting delicate instruments in a tray or preventing rips and tears beneath the tray. The paper lining is absorbent and lint-free. It helps wick away moisture from instruments will padding provides just enough cushioning for even heavy instrument sets.
More Articles on Cygnus Medical:
350 People in the ASC Industry to Know (Part 2)
11 Companies for Hospitals and Surgery Centers to Know
16 Companies for Surgery Centers and Hospitals to Know
10 Operating Room Devices to Know by Cygnus MedicalWritten by Heather Linder | August 13, 2012
Here are 10 operating room devices from Fairfield, N.J.-based Cygnus Medical that can assist healthcare facilities and ambulatory surgery centers with infection control.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2011. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.