2. The U.S. is the largest market for spinal surgeries and the country has significant growth opportunity in the coming years.
3. In the U.S. spine market, the spinal fusion segment is the highest revenue generating segment.
4. New innovations in the minimally invasive surgeries domain will continue to have a positive impact on the market as the new and improved surgical tool will make complicated spine surgeries easier than before.
5. Shortage of skilled healthcare workers, doubtful medical reimbursements and growing cost of advanced surgeries will continue to challenge the growth of the market.
6. Medtronic led both the worldwide and the U.S. spine market in 2011, followed by Johnson & Johnson Depuy, Synthes and Stryker.