- AMA Re-Elects Dr. Andrew Gurman Board of Trustees Speaker Written by Laura Miller | June 27, 2012
- Missouri State Orthopaedic Association Honors Dr. Michael Clarke for Distinguished Service Written by Laura Miller | June 26, 2012
- Dr. Lew Schon Named President of American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society Written by Jaimie Oh | June 26, 2012
- Dr. William Warren Brien Elected to 1st Century Bancshares Board of Directors Written by Laura Miller | June 25, 2012
- Winthrop-University Hospital in New York Names Dr. Jan Koenig Chief of Joint Replacement Surgery Written by Laura Miller | June 22, 2012
- Medical Students Bound for Orthopedics Decide Their Path Early Written by Laura Miller | June 20, 2012
Orthopedic & Spine Industry Leaders
The American Medical Association has re-elected Andrew W. Gurman, MD, as speaker of its Board of Trustees for 2012-2013.
The Missouri State Orthopaedic Association has awarded Michael S. Clarke, MD, with the Award for Distinguished Service, according to a News-Leader report.
Baltimore orthopedic surgeon, Lew C. Schon, MD, was named president of the American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society.
William Warren Brien, MD, an orthopedic surgeon in California, was recently elected to 1st Century Bancshares' board of directors.
Winthrop-University Hospital in Mineola, N.Y., has named Jan A. Koenig, MD, chief of joint replacement surgery and director of computer assisted and robotic orthopedic surgery.
A recent survey of medical students shows that faculty contacts and third-year clinical rotations play less of a role for physicians choosing the orthopedic specialty…