1. West (California, Hawaiian Islands): $350,000
2. Southeast (Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Tennessee): $343,000
3. Northwest (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Alaska): $340,000
4. North central (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri): $321,000
5. South central (Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas): $320,000
6. Southwest (Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico): $314,000
7. Mid-Atlantic (South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, Maryland): $308,000
8. Great Lakes (Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio): $306,000
9. Northeast (New York, Massachusetts, Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Connecticut): $303,000
10. Average orthopedist compensation in the United States: $315,000
10 Statistics on Orthopedic Surgeon Compensation by Region FeaturedWritten by Laura Miller | May 09, 2012
Here are 10 statistics about orthopedic surgeon compensation by region of the country, according to Medscape's Orthopedist Compensation Report 2012.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2011. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.