As we head toward 2010, several hot topics are at the front of orthopedic and spine surgeons' minds. These include reimbursement, legislative and business issues that could be troublesome for physicians. With the dawn of healthcare reform, many of these issues may fundamentally change how surgeons practice medicine.
Get current reports in the industry covering the most important business and legal issues related to orthopedic and spine practices!
Subscribe to Becker's Spine Business Review E-Weekly for free and receive a newsletter every Wednesday!
Subscribe to Becker's Pain Management Review E-Weekly for free and receive the newsletter every Wednesday!
Note: Becker's Healthcare acknowledges and respects the privacy of all subscribers and will in no way publish or distribute e-mail addresses provided.
- NASS President Dr. Charles Mick: Healthcare Needs Transparent Pricing, Not CMS Chargemaster Data | Spine Surgeon of the Day--Dr. Alexander Vaccaro on Orthopedic Practice Business Model Principles | Less Than One Month Before the Best ASCs, Orthopedics, Spine & Pain Management Business Conf--Reg. Today! |
- 6 Spine Surgeons on Mobile Technology Enhancing Patient Care | 15 Spine Surgeons Focused on Lumbar & Cervical Disc Replacement | Spine Surgeon of the Day--Dr. Kenneth Hansraj on Healthcare Spending & Patient Care | Less Than One Month Before the Best ASCs, Orthopedics, Spine & Pain Management Business Conf--Reg. Today!|
- Drs. Kade Huntsman, Axel Reinhardt Join Titan Spine Advisory Team | Spine Surgeon of the Day--Dr. Brian Gantwerker on OR Efficiency With Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery | 7 Challenges of Spine Trauma Treatment in Obese Patients | Only a Few Spots Remain for the Best ASCs, Orthopedics, Spine & Pain Management Business Conf--Reg. Today!|
- Dr. Eeric Truumees: How to Advocate for Patient Access & Spine Surgeon Needs | Orthopedic Surgeon Salary vs. Hospital Revenue Generated | Dr. Ronald Torres Named New Alaska Native Medical Center Clinical Director | 20 Spots Left for the Best ASCs, Orthopedics, Spine & Pain Management Business Conf--Reg. Today!|
- Spine Surgeon of the Day--Dr. Richard Kube on Strategies for Spine Practice Management in the 21st Century | Drs. Christopher Lee, Michael Vitale & Others: 8 Things to know About Scoliosis Surgery Infections | 8 Spine Surgeons on the Move | Dr. Charles Gordon Talks About Success in the Face of Challenges--June ASC Conf. |
- Spine Surgeon of the Day--Dr. Hooman Melamed on Combining a Drive for Medicine & Sports | FDA Clears 19 Spine Devices in April | Drs. Kevin Foley, Hansen Yuan & 7 Other Spine Surgeons Recently Honored | Early Reg Dsct Extension Ends Today! Hear Spine & Orthopedic Surgeon Leaders Discuss Big Clinical & Business Trends for Surgeons at June ASC Conf. |
- D5 Benchmarks to Higher Quality Spine Practices From Dr. Bryan Oh | Spine Surgeon of the Day--Dr. Jason Brodkey: Developing a Multidisciplinary Spine Center of Excellence | NuVasive Profits Up 4.9% in Q1 | Spine Surgery Over the Next Five Years--Learn More at the June ASC Conf, Early Reg Dscts Extended to May 8 |
- Drs. Robert Watkins, Jeffrey Wang, Jeffrey Goldstein + 5 Spine Surgeons on Bringing Innovation to the Operating Room | Dr. Michael Hisey: 5 Ideas for Spine Practice Growth in Today's Market | ISASS Surgeons Present Study of Fusion as Pain Treatment | Register TODAY for June 13-15 Orthopedic and Spine ASC Conf.
- Drs. Roger Hartl, Kenneth Hansraj & Douglas Won: 6 Strategies for Patient-Centric Spine Practices | Early Reg Dscts End Today! Join 90+ Sessions on Spine, Orthopedic & ASC Clinical & Business Trends | AANS Names Dr. William Couldwell 2013 President | 5 Yr Spinal Disc Replacement Data: How it Compares With Spinal Fusion |
- 6 Trends for Successful Spine Practice Models of the Future | 35 Spine Device Companies Making an Impact | Improve Surgery Center Profits in a Challenging Environment / 80+ Business & Clinical-Focused Topics--8 Days Left for Early Reg Dscts! | 5 Steps to Jump-Start Online Spine Practice Video Marketing |
- 5 Benefits of Selecting a Private Spine Surgery Practice From Dr. David Chang | Dr. Drew Dossett to Perform Spine Surgery on Rangers' Matt Harrison | Dashboard Observations on 17 Specialties & Niches; 7 Reasons to Worry About the Healthcare Economy; Is a Large Combined System Better? | Improve Surgery Center Profits in a Challenging Environment / 80+ Business & Clinical-Focused Topics--Early Registration Closes May 1st! |
- Lowering Back Pain Care Costs in Wyoming: Q&A With Cigna's Dr. David Mino | Study: Back Pain Amont Top Reasons for Physician Visits | Improve Profitability at Pain-Driven Centers -- Register Now for 11th Annual Ortho, Spine and Pain Driven ASC Conf in Chicago! | Do Pain Physicians Use Social Media? |
- 8 Recent Anesthesiology Leader Moves | 7 Recent Anesthesia Practice Acquisitions | Iowa Anesthesiologist License Reinstated After Yearlong Suspension | Great Anesthesia Speakers -- Dr. Charles Militana, Dr. David Paly & Dr. Michael Simon at the 11th Annual Ortho, Spine and Pain ASC Conference in Chicago |
- Should CRNAs Treat Chronic Pain? Q&A With Dr. Laxmaiah Manchikanti | 5 Ways to Increase Anesthesia Cost Effectiveness in ASCs | Seeking Four Pain Management Leaders for Panel Discussion -- Contact Us Today! | MedPAC Continues Discussion of Payment Cap for Pain | How Will Anesthesiology Adapt to the Move Towards Outpatient?
- 5 Most Read Articles in the Last 30 Days--Top 10 Issues for Spine Surgeons With Healthcare Reform | 55 Spine Surgery Practices to Know | 21 Spine Surgeons Researching Stem Cell Treatments | What Is the Future of ASCs? Can You Still Profit From ASC Investment? Sign Up Today for 19th Annual ASC Conf. |
- 10 Pain Physician Appointments & Accomplishments | What Does the 60-Day Overpayment Refund Rule Mean for Anesthesiologists? | 20 Stats on Anesthesiologist Comp | Supervision Debate Heats Up Between CRNAs, Physicians | Great Pain, Spine and Ortho Speakers -- Register Today for the ASC June Conf in Chicago!
- Collaborative Patient Care: Thoughts From 5 Pain Management Physicians | Op-Ed: ICD-10 Delay Will Benefit Pain Management Physicians | Kentucky Medical Assoc. President Opposes Pain Clinic Legislation | See Great Speakers on Profiting From Pain! Register Today for the 10th Annual ASC June Conf in Chicago!
- 4 Tips for Negotiating Outpatient Spine Contracts | Study: Surgery Better for NFL Players With Disc Herniation | Stryker Spine Sales on the Rise | Reg Dscts End 5/1--9th Orthopedic, Spine & Pain ASC Conf - Hear Drs. John Caruso, James Lynch, Ken Pettine, Joan O'Shea, William Tobler, Scott Gibbs & More |
- Physicians to the Stars: 68 MLB Team Orthopedic Physicians. | Orthopedic Device Manufacturer Stock Watch -- Wed. Opening Down vs Week Ago: Stryker Corp.: $6.57; Zimmer Holdings: $51.23; Smith & Nephew $45.1; Medtronic $35.88. | Medicare Advisory Committee to Meet Over Spine Fusion Technology Reimbursement. |
- Orthopedic and Spine Surgeons Share 9 Top Concerns | 11 Stats and Facts About Orthopedics and Practices | Top 5 Spinal Implant Cos. Remain Strong, But Face Increasing Competition |
- AAOS President Open to Public Option, Opposes Senate Reform Bill | 23 Hospitals With Great Orthopedic and Spine Programs | OrthoIndy Orthopedic Surgeon Joins Staff of St. Vincent Clay Hospital |
- 25 of the Best Knee Surgeons in the United States | Spine Surgeon Robert Bray Predicts a Major Shift of Volume into ASCs | Trends in Physician Compensation Arrangements |
- Nevada Spine Surgeon's Plea Hearing Set in Fraud Case | Retiring Stryker Chairman Reflects on Company's Growth | Hospital for Special Surgery Opens Spine Care Institute |
- AAOS Points to Flaws in Health Reform Legislation | Average ASC Facility Expenses For Centers With More Than 50% Orthopedics | 7 Surgeon Practices That Can Affect Your Organization's Bottom Line With Dr. Carlos Guanche of Southern California Orthopaedic Institute |
- FDA Reviewers See Possible Bias in Zimmer Spine Product Assessments | Kaiser Permanente Study Finds Hip Fracture Rate Could Drop 25% | Nominations Sought: 25 Best Knee Surgeons |
- October 26, 2009:
- October 19, 2009:
- October 16, 2009:
- October 9, 2009:
- October 2, 2009:
- September 25, 2009:
- September 18, 2009:
- September 11, 2009:
- September 4, 2009:
- August 26, 2009:
- August 6, 2009: