One of the challenges of merging practices is ensuring compliance with antitrust laws. While practices are responsible for seeking legal counsel to determine if the arrangement is legal, some tips include not increasing market share excessively and ensuring the merger offers precompetitive efficiencies, according to Mr. Jebson.
Mr. Jebson presented five steps for completing an orthopedic practice merger:
1. Identify conventional and non-conventional partners.
2. Form a merger joint planning team with designated leaders from both groups.
3. Validate merger feasibility through an objective assessment/study.
4. Establish a consistent decision-making structure.
5. Build trust and promote teamwork.
More Articles on the 10th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference:5 Areas of Focus to Improve Quality, Cost-Efficiency in Orthopedic ASCs
5 Key Steps to Improve Profits in ASCs
5 Best Clinical Practices, Business Strategies for Spine-Driven Centers