Here are 10 orthopedic surgeons who recently performed or will perform surgery on professional athletes.
1. Miami Heat Guard Dwyane Wade announced he will no longer be participating in the Olympic Games in London in order to undergo surgery on his left knee. Harlan Selesnick, MD, will perform the procedure.
2. William Meyers, MD, of Vincera Core Physicians in Philadelphia, performed surgery on Colorado Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki to repair athletic pubalgia.
3. Lewis Yocum, MD, of Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic in Los Angeles, will perform arthroscopic shoulder surgery on the Philadelphia Phillies' pitcher Michael Stutes.
4. Joel Boyd, MD, of TRIA Orthopaedic Center, performed arthroscopic knee surgery on WNBA Minnesota Lynx backup center Jessica Adair.
5. Andrews Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine's James Andrews, MD, will perform elbow surgery on Atlanta Braves pitcher Brandon Beachy today.
6. Hospital for Special Surgery's David Altchek, MD, successfully performed surgery on Oakland Athletics' right-handed relief pitcher Andrew Carignan.
7. Toronto Blue Jays' pitcher Kyle Drabek will undergo elbow surgery by James Andrews, MD.
8. James Andrews, MD, performed elbow surgery on Pittsburgh Pirates pitcher Charlie Morton.
9. Brian McKeon, MD, of Boston Sports & Shoulder Center, has performed ankle and knee surgery on Celtics guards Ray Allen and Mickael Pietrus.
10. Santa Monica Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine Group's Bert Mandelbaum, MD, team physician for the professional soccer team LA Galaxy, has performed knee surgery on forward Edson Buddle and midfielder/defender Dan Keat.
10 Orthopedic Surgeons Performing Surgery on Professional Athletes FeaturedWritten by Jaimie Oh | June 29, 2012
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2011. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.